Meal Monday is a weekly post series on the subject of food. I’ll talk about my love for food to sharing recipes that I love cooking to food tips.
One of my husband’s all-time favorite pasta dishes is spaghetti. I make it for him at least two times a month. Spaghetti is one of the most popular meals to make in a household. I’m willing to bet you make it in your home as well.
Garlic bread or cheesy bread is very good to dip into your spaghetti. Once you are done, a slice of the bread can soak up the remaining sauce leftover.
I love to pair my spaghetti with a salad. Sometimes I make a spinach salad with carrots and tomatoes and other times I make a spinach salad with strawberries, blueberries, and almonds. It depends on what I have in the fridge.
Here is my recipe for spaghetti.
Serving size: 4-6
14 ounces spaghetti noodles
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 pound ground pork
handful of green olives, cut into two pieces
1. Put on a pot of water on stove to boil.
2. Add olive oil to pan on medium heat.
3. Add onions and mushrooms; cook for several minutes.
4. Add ground pork; cook until done.
5. Make spaghetti sauce while ground pork is cooking.
6. Add spaghetti noodles into the pot of boiling water (follow directions on package).
7. Sprinkle thyme, basil, oregano, and italian seasoning on ground pork; stir.
8. Add spaghetti sauce and green olives; heat to boiling.
Serve sauce over noodles and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!