Meal Monday is a weekly post series on the subject of food. I’ll talk about my love for food to sharing recipes that I love cooking to food tips.
Do you love having options of simple and easy meals to make for dinner? There are days that I don’t have time or don’t feel like making a complex dinner. Do you have those types of days? I totally do. Especially after a long day. I have a great healthy chicken sandwich idea for you.
I created the marinade for the chicken with what I had in my fridge/pantry. I put ingredients together that I thought sounded good together. The flavor of the chicken turned out great. I melted mozzarella on top of the chicken and added spinach and a slice of tomato to the sandwich. For a side with the chicken sandwiches, add fruit such as pineapple, strawberries, and raspberries.
Here is my recipe for raspberry Italian chicken sandwiches.
Raspberry Italian Chicken Sandwiches
Serving size: 2 sandwiches
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing
3 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette
2 chicken thighs
2 hamburger buns
fresh mozzarella, slice (or shredded mozzarella or Parmesan)
spinach, several leaves
1. Place olive oil, lemon juice, zesty Italian dressing, and raspberry vinaigrette in Ziploc bag; mix ingredients.
2. Place chicken in bag; marinate for at least 15 minutes.
3. Sprinkle olive oil in pan on medium heat.
4. Add chicken to pan; cover with lid.
5. Cook chicken for about 20 minutes until done; flip several times.
6. Place mozzarella on chicken; remove from heat (place lid back on).
7. Toast hamburger buns in toaster oven for several minutes.
8. Spread mayo on hamburger buns.
9. Add chicken to bottom bun.
10. Place spinach and tomato on top of chicken.
11. Place top bun on top.
Serve and enjoy!